About John J. Driscoll
Prior to establishing Corporate Planning Resources, John was a principal with a boutique investment bank focused on serving middle market clients with buy/sell side M&A, fund raising and consulting services. He has worked with management teams to translate their visions into financial models and business plans resulting in the completion of millions of dollars in debt, mezzanine and equity financing.
John remains a general partner in the Industrial Technology Ventures fund and he was a vice president with Hibernia Capital Corporation. He led an $18.6 million investment in an early stage transportation-logistics technology company. That company was named #2 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. In his role as an investment officer, John led the restructuring of an early stage wireless technology company, saving that company from imminent bankruptcy and restoring it to profitability.
Prior to beginning his venture capital career, John was a member of the Finance & Business Development Group of a Fortune 300 international natural resources and manufacturing company. During his tenure, he was actively involved in mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, evaluation of new development projects, operations re-engineering and corporate restructuring initiatives. He received two President's Awards in recognition of his contributions.
John began his finance career with Ernst & Young, an international accounting and consulting firm. John served various clients of the firm involved in oil & gas exploration and production, oilfield services, real estate, gaming, manufacturing, construction, banking and marine transportation.
John’s industry experience in start-ups, mid-size and Fortune 500 companies includes: specialty chemicals, oil & gas, mining, oilfield services, transportation/logistics, wireless technology, software, biotechnology, biofuels, real estate, gaming, banking, marine transportation, business services and manufacturing.
John is a CPA; has a BA in economics from Louisiana State University and a MBA from Tulane University's A.B. Freeman School of Business. John has been qualified as an expert witness in the areas of financial analysis and corporate finance – U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana.
John has served in leadership roles for a number of professional, educational, wildlife conservation and environmental organizations:Current
- Turnaround Management Association, Louisiana Chapter – Board Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Louisiana Chapter – Board Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Ducks Unlimited, New Orleans Chapter – Membership Chairman
- Children’s Scholarship Fund, New Orleans – Advisory Board Member (1998- 2001)
- Private Elementary School with enrollment of 1,150 students – Board Member/Finance Committee Chair (1992-1998)
- New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute – Delegate 2000/2001
- Wetlands Restoration Coalition – Board Member (1998-2002)
- Ducks Unlimited, Louisiana – State Executive Committee (2011-2012)